IFA announcements have been coming in. Harman Kardon / JBL Audio has announced a bunch of new headphones, a boombox, and new smart assistant speakers. The JBL speakers have Google Assistant and the Harman Kardon Allure is powered by Amazon Alexa. The JBL Boombox is IP67 rated and even though is very large, is still portable. It has a 20,000 mAh battery. The speakers are to be released soon. Read excerpts from the press release below for pricing and details:
Personal Assistant Speakers:
HARMAN KARDON ALLURE
An intelligent speaker, powered by Amazon Alexa Voice, complements any home space with its rich 360-degree sound and beautiful, sleek design. The Allure pairs Harman Kardon’s refined and powerful audio performance with Amazon Alexa’s intuitive voice technology. Music lovers will enjoy a unique experience around the home, with the ability to ask questions, play music, read the news, make purchases from Amazon Prime and more, through the sound of their voice. Alexa’s proprietary far-field voice technology allows the speaker to hear commands from afar and adapts to speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Available in Winter 2017 in black.
- Powered by Amazon Alexa Voice Service: Connect to Alexa through dual-band Wi-Fi, just ask and Alexa will provide information, place an order, play music, and more. It’s always getting smarter and adding new features with more than 20,000 Alexa skills.
- Far-field Voice Recognition: Built-in 4-microphone array with advanced noise cancellation technology allows for hands-free voice control from across the room.
- 360-Degree Sound: Transducers and built-in subwoofer produce 360-degrees of rich and powerful sound that fills up every corner of the room.
- 360-Degree ambient Lighting: 360-Degree, multicolored and responsive lighting in an iconic design to elevate and enhance any décor.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Stream room-filling music wirelessly from your mobile devices via Bluetooth.
($149 – $249):
The first portable Bluetooth-enabled speakers to merge JBL’s Signature Sound with Google Assistant, JBL LINK gives users rich, full-range sound and instant access to their favorite music with the control of their voice.
Available in three models, the LINK 10, LINK 20 and LINK 300, the speakers provide a powerful listening experience, featuring high-definition music streaming and built-in Chromecast, elevating the overall music listening experience. In addition to controlling music by voice, Google Assistant manages other smart, connected devices through the LINK, allowing users to dim the lights or stream Netflix to a TV.
The LINK 10 and 20 are equipped with waterproof technology and provide up to 5 and 8 hours of battery life respectively for a personalized experience inside or outdoors.
The LINK 300 creates an immersive experience, with bigger sound, filling even the largest of rooms. To enhance the multi-room experience, LINK speakers can be synced together to create an epic listening experience with rich, elevated sound.
- Available Fall 2017 in black or white: JBL LINK 10 $149, JBL LINK 20 $199, JBL LINK 300 $249
The newest and biggest member of JBL’s portable speaker family, JBL Boombox, packs a serious punch with superior sound quality and Bluetooth streaming capabilities.
Equipped with four active transducers and two bass radiators, this portable speaker combines deep and rich sound with powerful bass. With IPX7 waterproof durability and 24 hours of battery life, the Boombox brings new meaning to “party around-the-clock,” whether poolside, hitting the beach, or looking to withstand the toughest of weather conditions.
Using JBL Connect+, the speaker can easily connect to other JBL Connect+-enabled speakers, amplifying the listening experience.
The 20,000 mAh battery is said to go for up to 24 hours of playtime.