I am not sure if you guys are aware, that I am a pet lady. I haven’t quite established if I am a dog person or a cat person yet. But I do love my pets. I am always looking for ways to keep them safe and happy as I’m sure many pet parents do. So I am excited to bring you this news.
Whistle, the makers of a pet health and activity monitor have introduced WhisteGPS. While Whistle’s original activity monitor is to check on your dogs activity level, WhistleGPS is about dog location. You can use the app (available for both iOS and Android) to track your WhistleGPS collar.
What is WhislteGPS?
WhistleGPS is a sleek device that attaches to a dog’s collar to collect and categorize key information, including location, activity and rest. Pet owners can use WhistleGPS to make sure their dogs are getting the right amount of daily activity and to pinpoint their dog’s exact location from their smartphone. Unlike other GPS products on the market, WhistleGPS addresses three key challenges for location monitoring, including:
- Size – WhistleGPS is less than 1/3 the size of other available trackers.
- Battery Life – WhistleGPS is able to provide 2x the battery life than currently possible in other devices.
- Affordability – WhistleGPS to keep cost of subscriptions down to 1/2 current price of GPS services.
Where can you get WhistleGPS?
WhistleGPS is available for pre-order for $99 (SRP $129) online at www.Whistle.com through a limited time offering powered by Crowdtilt Open.
Customers who pre-order will not be charged until WhistleGPS begins shipping, starting summer 2015. Once the service is started there is a monthly $5 fee.
- Size – At roughly the size of a silver dollar (16 grams), WhistleGPS is less than 1/3 the size of other available trackers, making it the smallest and lowest profile pet monitoring device on the market. This means more dogs of varying sizes will be able to wear the device comfortably.
- Battery life – Leveraging brand new low-energy wireless network capabilities to communicate location, WhistleGPS is able to provide 2x the battery life than currently possible in other devices. This allows people to use their device for at least one week before needing to recharge the battery, for a better experience.
- Affordability – Bypassing expensive wireless providers and connecting to the new internet of things ecosystem allows WhistleGPS to keep cost of subscriptions down to 1/2 current price of GPS services.