Fitbit is one of the most popular names in the activity tracker game, if not the most popular. They have just expanded their lineup to include headphones, a new scale, the Fitbit Aria 2 (their second one) and their first official smartwatch.
Fitbit Flyer (Headphones)
Fitbit Flyer headphones are the company’s first headphones. The wireless earbuds connect to Fitbit’s other new product, the Fitbit Ionic smartwatch.
The headphones can pair with up to 2 devices at one. These look like your regular set of workout headphones, with wings for a snug fit. The Flyer headphones are set to play up to 6 hours and charge quickly (15 minutes for an hour of playtime). They have the 3-button control for both volume and playback control. They are available in 2 colors; Lunar Gray and Nightfall Blue at $129.95 a pair. You can learn more and pre-order the Fitbit Flyer headphones HERE
“Built with fitness in mind, Flyer’s durable design includes a hydrophobic nano-coating that is rain, splash and sweatproof. A series of interchangeable ear tips, wings, and fins allow you to personalize the fit of your headphones to ensure comfort and a secure fit in your ear throughout any workout. With up to six hours of playtime, you will likely tire out before your headphones do. If you need some extra battery
life, Flyer’s 15-minute quick charge provides an extra hour of playtime.”
Fitbit Aria 2 (Wifi Smart) Scale
The update to Fitbit’s original Aria scale is long overdue. The Aria 2 tracks your body composition including weight, body fat percentage, lean mass, and BMI. It connects via Bluetooth and syncs with your Fitbit tracker. As expected the scale has been updated to be more accurate and easier to use. Check out the features from the press release below.
As an FDA regulated medical device, Fitbit Aria 2 has been re-engineered for greater accuracy, easy setup and an improved interface to get you started faster on your health journey:
- Industry-leading accuracy: More accurately measure your weight, track your body composition, and view your results in the Fitbit app to see your trends and if you’re gaining muscle, burning fat and achieving long-term results.
- Quick and seamless setup: Use your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection for a quick and easy setup and compatibility across more Wi-Fi networks; stats sync automatically to your Fitbit dashboard.
- Improved and modern design: With a striking sleek profile and bright display to view your stats, the updated interface now includes personalized icons and greetings for added motivation.
- Supports multiple users: Aria 2 will recognize eight different users so you don’t have to worry about family members or roommates seeing your stats – all of your data stays private.
The Aria 2 scale is available in black or white for $129.95. You can learn more and pre-order the Fitbit Aria 2 Wifi Smart Scale headphones HERE
Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
Can you believe it’s been 10 years since Fitbit introduced their first tracker? They have come a long since then. The Fitbit Ionic takes everything the Fitbit trackers do (track your steps, calories burned, floors climbed, sleep stages and adds way more. From auto GPS tracking, swim exercise, SpO2 sensor, and even Fitbit Pay (in the near future); the Fitbit Ionic smartwatch wants to cover all your moves. Check out the list from the press release below:
- Personal trainer with Fitbit Coach: Access dynamic, on-device workouts that adapt based on feedback you provide on your wrist, or listen to expert-designed running and walking Audio Coaching sessions (available 2018) to increase endurance, speed and form on your schedule.1
- Running companion: Automatically track your run with the new Run Detect feature that kicks in GPS tracking – just step out the door and go; see real-time pace and distance; auto-pause to grab some water or take a breather and automatically resume when you start running.
- New swim exercise mode: With water resistance up to 50 meters and industry-leading lap counting, use Ionic in the pool and see your real-time laps, exercise duration and calories burned for pool swims.
- Industry-leading GPS: The unique design and integrated antenna inside Ionic provide a stronger connection to GPS and GLONASS satellites, delivering industry-leading GPS performance. Leave your phone behind and see pace and distance right on your wrist, as well as record elevation climbed, split times, and a map of your walk, run or ride in the Fitbit app.
- Improved heart rate technology: Ionic has enhanced PurePulse® heart rate tracking with greater accuracy during exercises like cycling, intervals and running; better measure calorie burn, see real-time heart rate zones to optimize intensity, and track resting heart rate 24/7.
- New sensor technology: The introduction of a relative SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels opens the potential for tracking important new indicators about your health, such as sleep apnea.
- Motivation through music: Leave your phone at home and find the motivation to jumpstart your workout by storing and playing more than 300 songs on device (2.5 GB of storage), or downloading and listening to your favorite Pandora stations.2 Connect Ionic to the new Fitbit Flyer™ wireless headphones, or any Bluetooth device of your choosing.
- Make payments using Fitbit Pay™: Leave your wallet and phone at home and effortlessly pay for items right from your device, wherever contactless payments are accepted. Over the coming months you will be able to add eligible American Express cards, as well as Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards from top issuing banks in over 10 markets across the globe, including ANZ, Banco Santander, Bank of America, Capital One, HSBC, KBC Bank Ireland, OCBC Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, UOB and US Bankwith more countries and banks planned soon.
- Smart notifications you need most: With extended smartphone notifications, receive call, text and calendar alerts, as well as notifications from apps on your smartphone like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Slack, Snapchat and more.
- Multi-day battery life: With 4+ day battery life on a single charge (10 hours with GPS or playing music), Ionic will outlast any activity you do during the day and still track your sleep all night.3
You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic and pre-order it tomorrow for $299.95 on Fitbit.com
Fitbit Ionic will be available in stores worldwide beginning October 2017, including major North American retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Macy’s, REI, Target and Verizon. It is available in color combinations inspired by elevating everyday neutrals that fit seamlessly into your life: silver gray tracker and clasp with blue gray band, smoke gray tracker and clasp with charcoal band, or burnt orange tracker and clasp with slate blue band.