A girl can never have too many iPhone chargers, am I right? After a while, they end up messing up. If you’re lucky this happens when your iPhone is still within the Apple warranty and you just get a new one but we all know this is hardly ever the case.
I was given the opportunity to review not one but two new Apple MFi Certified Lightning Cables from Monoprice, the Select Series and the Luxe Series. These are my thoughts on both products.
Monoprice Apple MFi Certified Lightning Cables Design
Both the Select and Luxe series line of iPhone chargers from Monoprice come in several different lengths, 6 inch, 3 foot, 4 foot, 6 foot, and the Select series also has a 10 foot lightning cable.
I decided to go all out and got the 6 foot Luxe charger and the 10 foot Select charger. Lets just say that when I have the 10-foot charger plugged in, since I can walk so much with the charger on, sometimes I forget to take my phone off the charger in the mornings!
The Select series chargers come in many different colors such as, Black, White, Green, Purple, Blue and Pink. The Luxe series only comes in Black or White in a super cool nylon braided design.
Monoprice Lightning Cables Features & Benefits
Features and benefits of Monoprice’s Select Series lightning cables include the following:
- Conveniently charge and sync lightning-enabled devices and Apple products through the USB port
- Cables are MFi Certified for rapid charging and data transfer
- Feature gold-plated contacts and smooth, corrosion-free connections for added durability and safety
- Available in a variety of lengths, ranging from 6 inches to 10 feet, and six different colorways such as Black, White, Green, Purple, Blue and Pink
The Select Series line consists of the following cable options:
6-inch Lightning Cable ($7.99)
3-foot Lightning Cable ($8.49)
4-foot Lightning Cable ($8.99)
6-foot Lightning Cable ($9.99)
10-foot Lightning Cable ($13.99)
Specs and capabilities of the Luxe Series lightning cables include the following:
- LED Status Indicator accurately gauges the charging status of a device; LED turns green when the device is fully charged and orange when the device is in the process of charging
- Premium cables feature a tangle-free nylon braided jacket design which allows for portability and metal enclosures for durability
Cables are MFi Certified for rapid charging and data transfer
- Available several lengths range from 6 inches to 6 feet and colors include Black and White
The Luxe Series collection consists of the following cable varieties:
6-inch Lightning Cable ($12.99)
3-foot Lightning Cable ($13.99)
4-foot Lightning Cable ($14.99)
6-foot Lighting Cable ($15.99)
I personally put both chargers to good use. The Luxe series charger does have a little light that indicates whether your phone is charged or not. While this light is convenient, I did find this feature annoying at night. But I’m the kind of person that needs to sleep in complete darkness. If you’re like me, and this will be your primary iPhone charger then I suggest you go with something from the Select series instead.
If you’re in the market for a new iPhone charger, then look no further than the Monoprice Select or Luxe series MFi Certified cables. They charge just as fast as the regular Apple chargers, come in longer (or shorter lengths,) cool colors, and affordable prices.