In case you weren’t aware, previously there were rumors of Sprint and Harman Kardon collaborating on special model of the HTC One M8 smartphone. Today the Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition was officially announced. It basically boasts all the same specs as the original Sprint HTC One M8, except that it has different audio enhancements, comes in different colors (black), and it also comes with Harman Kardon earbuds.
So How is the Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition Different?
The HK edition of the HTC One M8 is tailored to the user who enjoys quality sound. The HK edition has an app called Harman Kardon Clari-Fi that restores and “rebuilds music fidelity lost during audio compression”.
- The first time in a mobile device, Clari-Fi yields richer, deeper and clearer sound quality for compressed digital music (like MP3 downloads or streaming services like Spotify®).
- Lossless HD Audio music reproduction via a 24bit/192kHz DAC that delivers roughly six times the information of compact disc music and 60 times the information of an MP3 or streaming music source when playing high-res digital (FLAC) downloads from sources like HDtracks.com.
The Clari-Fi enhances your HTC’s BoomSound. You can hear a difference. The HTC One M8 HK edition also comes with Harman Kardon AE earbuds (valued at up to $150). That should definitely enhance the experience!
Pricing and Availability HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition
- AVAILABILITY: The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition will be available to order beginning Friday May 2nd. Will be out on sale on May 9th.
- PRICING No Contract: You can get it for $0 down and 24 monthly payments of 28.34.
- PRICING With Contract: If you’re getting a new line or eligible upgrade, the HTC One M8 HK edition will be $229.99
- Special Offers: As a bonus, Sprint will offer the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio, sold exclusively by Sprint, for just $99.99 when purchased with the HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. A $399.99 retail value, the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio provides the ultimate sound companion to all smart Bluetooth devices, furnishing room-filling sound through its four powered speakers and dual passive radiators.
- Find out more directly from Sprint HERE
Sprint and Spotify Unite Offering Spotify Premium for Free and More:
Spotify Premium Plans with Sprint
Sprint didn’t only come together with Harman Kardon, they also announced a partnership with Spotify. For Framily members there’s one more bonus: after six months of free Spotify Premium, members pay a monthly promotional price of $7.99 (1-5 users) or $4.99 (6-10 users) for 18 months, depending on the number of Spotify Premium users in their Framily. After 24 months customers pay the standard Spotify price (currently $9.99 per month).
As an added music bonus, Sprint will offer six months free of Spotify Premium for all new and existing postpaid Sprint customers (excluding Corporate Liable) who are on a Sprint Framily plan and have an Android smartphone, iPhone, Windows 8/8.1 smartphone, including the groundbreaking HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. Customers not on a Framily plan can enjoy Spotify free for three months.