If you’re on Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile your smartphone choices have been great lately. A new addition to the list, the LG Volt has just been announced. A little better than mid-range specs, the LG Volt looks pretty good on paper:
LG Volt Specs:
Display: 4.7 inch IPS (960 x 540 resolution)
Cameras: 8 Megapixel rear-facing camera / 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
Processor / RAM: 1.2 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core Processor / 1 GB RAM
Battery: 3.000 mAh removable battery
Connectivity : Bluetooth 4.0 / Wi-Fi / NFC
OS: Android KitKat 4.4
Features: Knock Code, Knock On
It’s not bad for $180. You get a decent phone with Android KitKat, although just 1 GB of RAM and ta less than stellar screen. But it’s definitely a steal with no contract and a great company.
LG Volt Press Release:
LG Electronics–the maker of the acclaimed LG G2 smartphone, LG G Pad 8.3 tablet and innovative curved LG G Flex smartphone – today announced that the new LG Volt is powering its way to no contract Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA as the first high-speed Enhanced LTE-capable device for the two Sprint prepaid brands. Both Boost and Virgin Mobile offer flexible unlimited service options with no long-term contracts.
Starting today, LG Volt will be available online at http://www.virginmobileusa.com and http://www.boostmobile.com and at retail for an MSRP of $179.99. The new smartphone will be available on Boost Mobile in Dark Blue and Virgin Mobile in White.
The LG Volt runs the latest Android operating system, Android™ 4.4 KitKat, is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon ™ processor, and boasts a strong enough battery for up to 24 hours of talk time*. This makes this lightweight smartphone a powerful all-day performer while on-the-go.
The smartphone’s 4.7-inch IPS display delivers sharp, vivid colors, making streaming videos, browsing the web and interacting with favorite apps a cinch and enjoyable. With its 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing cameras, consumers can capture cherished moments and then quickly and easily share them with family and friends.
Bringing Boost Mobile’s and Virgin Mobile’s customers a popular new security feature, the LG Volt offers the LG Knock Code, an evolution of LG KnockON. LG Knock Code is a unique new way of waking and unlocking smartphones using a personalized knock sequence within four invisible quadrants on the display. LG Volt users can customize more than 80,000 knock code combinations, helping users feel more confident about their device’s security.
The LG Volt comes pre-loaded with a number of new apps that keep users entertained and efficient in their tasks while on-the-go:
- Next Radio: Consumers can tune into their favorite local FM radio stations with Next Radio** and get song and artist information to share online, or purchase straight from your phone.
- QuickRemote: Turn your LG Volt into a universal TV remote easily with QuickRemote, putting your multi-room, home entertainment system right at your fingertips.
- QuickMemo™: Create and share personalized memos by taking screen captures and adding handwritten drawings or messages – like looking up directions on the map application, jotting down a handwritten note on the map for the date and time of a dinner date and sending it to a friend or family member
- QSlide Function: Multitask by layering up to two windows over the main screen, adjusting for size and transparency – such as using the Richnote feature simultaneously with the calendar or calculator
- EasyHome: Users can easily access their favorite features, such as camera, contacts, dial pad, voicemail, weather and more from the homescreen, perfect for first-time smartphone owners
- Guest Mode: This feature can personalize a user experience for yourself or a guest, controlling which apps and capabilities are available depending on which are made accessible.***