If you were a huge Guild Wars 2 fan and have stopped playing for whatever reason the new expansion pack will definitely bring you back.During Pax East the company showed off their new expansion called, Guilds Wars 2: Heart of Thorns where ArenaNet will continue to give fans the traditional MMO feel that there are used to.
Guilds Wars 2: Heart of Thorns introduces a reimagined progression system when it comes to the Mastery System. Just because you’ve hit level 80 doesn’t mean you can’t receive upgrades, you will be able to add on new abilities to your character such as, hang gliding in the jungle which allows you to reach higher levels in the game that you couldn’t get to before, but that’s not all. You will also be able to discover new adventures which will take you into the Heart of the Maguma Jungle where you will have to battle hordes of Mordremoth’s minions, uncover allies from ancient civilizations and take on new enemies. Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns has tons of new content that will keep new, and pervious players busy for months.
Check out some additional Features:
- New Profession: Revenant Channel legendary powers to slaughter foes and unleash chaos on the battlefield with our brand new profession: the revenant. Enter the field of battle heavily armored and equipped with the otherworldly powers of the Mists.
- Specializations Evolve your gameplay. With profession specializations, you’ll unlock access to a weapon previously unavailable to your profession as well as new traits, skills, and unique mechanics – all of which will transform your profession into something new.
- PvP: New Stronghold Game Mode Gather supply to hire soldiers. Battle for control of heroes. Man the trebuchet to defend your stronghold, and storm the enemy gates to defeat the guild lord! Use our new guild team feature to team up and battle to the top of the leaderboards. Stronghold offers an entirely new way to play competitive PvP in Guild Wars 2!
- WvW: New Borderland Experience epic battlefield combat like never before in World vs. World’s latest core addition, the new Borderlands map. Navigate treacherous heights with traps that blow your foes to the depths below and ferocious defenders to help keep the enemy at bay. Map objectives will be more important than ever before, as they’ll unlock new strategies, tactics, and play mechanics that you’ll want to use to your world’s advantage!
- Guild Halls Your guild has roamed the world together. Now, it’s time to claim a piece of it. Work with fellow guild members to claim and grow your own guild hall in the Heart of Maguuma.
If you are interested in participating in the closed beta, all you have to do is make sure they have your current email address and that you’re successfully receiving their newsletters. Sign-up for the newsletter and fill out your information. This doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be chosen, but it will but your email in for any potential beta invite.