Today, Hi-Rez Studios announced that their Pro League for the Oceania Area will make a return and will compete in Season 3. Fans got their first look at the SMITE Oceania Pro League last year and this is where we were introduced to Avant Garde, which is an Australian eSports organization. The team placed 9-10th place at the SMITE World Championships 2016.
Fans are hoping to see more powerhouse teams coming from the Oceania Area, with the prize pool at $100,000 AUD (Australian Dollar) up for grabs, I’m sure we will see more teams from the Australia and New Zealand communities come out and show off their skills.
SMITE Oceania will hold three splits this year and here are some of the details of the first split:
- Split One Pro League: February 27th – April 17th
- Two qualifying tournaments: February 27th-28th and March 5th-6th.
- The Top 2 teams of each qualifier and Top 2 teams from the SMITE Oceania Championship 2015 (Avant Garde, Dire Wolves) will enter 6 team Pro League.
Four Week Pro League
- Each team plays each other in a Best of 3.
- This will run from March 12th-13th to April 2nd-3rd.
In partnership with Cybergamer, the top 2 teams at the end of Split One will be awarded placement in the CGPL LAN event on April 16th-17th.
Challenger Tournament Series:
Challenger Open Bracket tournaments for all non-qualifying teams are played weekly starting March 12th.
- Top 8 teams each week accumulate points over the tournament series.
- The Top 4 of the Challenger Series are entered into the Split Two Qualifier (Relegations) to play the bottom Pro League teams.
$10,000 AUD LAN Finals – CGPL: April 16th-17th
- Travel for the Top 2 teams of the Split One Pro League (provided by Hi-Rez Studios)
- This will take place in Sydney at Australia Technology Park.
If you are looking to catch all the action for the SMITE Oceania Pro League – you can watch every tense match on Twitch. The tournaments will begin Saturdays at 6:00 pm AEDT ( Australian Eastern Daylight Time). Qualifier tournaments will start at 1:00pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) each day.
Can’t wait for the guys down under to show off their skills!