Verizon announced they brought unlimited data back with the Verizon Unlimited plan. Even though Verizon has kept their 5GB, Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large data plans; they have added Verizon Unlimited for $80/ month.
Verizon Unlimited – Plan Pricing and Features
- The Verizon Unlimited Plan is $80 for the first line. This includes unlimited talk, data, and text with paper-free billing and AutoPay
- $45 per line (up to 4 lines) with paper-free billing and AutoPay
- If you’re on Verizon Unlimited you can add a connected smartwatch, or other connected device for $5 each month
- TravelPass for $10 per day (for Canada and Mexico) – 500 MB/day limit; 2G speeds after that
- Mobile Hotspot with 10 GB of 4G LTE data is included at no charge (after 10 GB you’ll get 3G data speeds).
“We’ve built our network so we can manage all the activity customers undertake. Everything we’ve done is to provide the best experience on the best network – and we’ve built it for the future, not just for today,” said Ronan Dunne, president of Verizon’s wireless division. “We also fundamentally want you to have more choice. We’re not limiting you to a single plan. If you don’t need unlimited data, we still have 5 GB, S, M, and L Verizon plans that are perfect for you.”
Verizon will start throttling speeds when you reach 22gb if needed to aid congestion.
I am loving all of this competition from carriers and their data plans. Let’s keep the competition going. Is this price good enough for you? What other changes would you like to see when it comes to plans and pricing?
To switch to Verizon Unlimited beginning Monday, February 13, visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/
About Verizon Unlimited Coverage (From the Press Release):
Our 4G LTE network already covers more than 2.4 million square miles and consistently delivers fast speeds in more places than any other network. Ever since we were first to launch 4G LTE broadly across the country, we’ve been making it even better, faster, stronger, every single day:
- We’ve layered in our spectrum assets to provide the breadth and depth of coverage that serves you best.
- We launched LTE Advanced that provides you with 50% faster peak speeds in more than 471 cities nationwide
- We can adjust to your demand in real-time with the latest antenna technology coupled with state of the art software platforms, which also let us deploy new services faster than ever before
- Our innovative small cell deployment is the largest in the nation and it is foundational to the best experience.
- We have deep fiber connected through advanced architectures.
With Verizon Unlimited, you’ll get great coverage with us in cities large and small, in rural locations, and everywhere in between. All of these enhancements help us provide you with the best experience in wireless.
** On all Verizon Unlimited plans you get our fast 4G LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers in the event of network congestion. You will still enjoy 4G LTE data speeds after you’ve used 22 GB of data, unless there is congestion on the network.
If you have already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle AND you are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon customers. This may result in slightly slower download speeds for a period of time, maybe as long as stopping at a traffic light, or as long as being caught in rush hour traffic. But once congestion on the particular cell site clears up, you will go back to 4G LTE speeds – even if you have used 22 GB of data.