The Galaxy Active line was once exclusive to AT&T is expanding. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is arriving at Sprint and T-Mobile. The phone was announced oddly in August, right before the Galaxy Note8. Check out the specs and pricing below
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Specs:
Display: 5.8” Quad HD
Cameras: 12 Mp rear-facing camera / 8-megapixel front-facing camera
Battery: 4,000 mah nonremovable
Connectivity : Nano SIM / USB-C / Headphone Jack
OS: Android Nougat 7.0 with Samsung Experience
Features: Shatter-resistant, water-resistant, dust-resistant
T-Mobile Pricing and Availability
$100 down | $30/ month for 24 months. Full price $820.
You can order it online starting November 17, and pick it up in participating stores November 22nd. Get more information from T-Mobile HERE
No information on Sprint’s price and availability yet.
The Galaxy S8 Active features (From Samsung) :
- Military-grade durability – Engineered from high-strength aluminum and protective bumpers for military-grade durability, the shock, shatter[ii], and dust and water-resistant[iii] Galaxy S8 Active withstands tough hits and falls.
- Shatter-resistant screen – This device features a shatter-resistant screen that protects against accidental drops while delivering the bright, vivid colors of the 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display[iv].
- Long-lasting battery – The Galaxy S8 Active contains a large, long-lasting 4,000 mAh battery that can go more than a day of usage on a single charge[v]. With Samsung’s most advanced fast charge and fast wireless charge[vi] capabilities, you can quickly and conveniently power up to get on with your day.
- Powerful performance – Featuring a 10nm processor, the device enables heightened speed and efficiency. It’s gigabit LTE ready, with support for up to 1 Gbps, so you can download files wherever your daily adventures take you.
- Advanced camera – The advanced Dual Pixel 12MP F1.7 rear camera and 8MP F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera deliver bright and sharp photos, even in low-light conditions.
- Meet Bixby – Bixby[vii] is a smarter way to use your Galaxy S8 Active and helps you get more done. It makes it easier to navigate through select apps, services and settings with a combination of voice commands and touch. Voice capabilities allow you to do many things normally done with touch, such as completing simple tasks like turning on the flashlight, taking a screen shot or a selfie. You can use the camera to identify landmarks, translate foreign languages or shop for products online right from the phone.
- Activity Zone – With a simple swipe to the right of the home screen or the press of the Bixby button, Bixby greets you with quick access to active lifestyle features such as a stopwatch, barometer, compass, and flashlight.
- Government-trusted Security – The Galaxy S8 Active is secured from the chip up with Samsung Knox, the defense-grade mobile security platform designed to protect the integrity of the device. Samsung Knox[viii] has become a trusted and robust security solution with 29 governments trusting it to secure their workforce. It also offers a selection of biometric features such as fingerprint and iris scanners.