I love music. I listen to it while I work, in the car, while I clean, even in the shower. But it’s kind of hard to listen to music in the shower. I can’t really bring a device in there with me. I’m not trying to get my phone wet. And even if I got one of those waterproof cases, I wouldn’t really have anywhere to put my phone besides the floor. So I have to resort to putting the volume up on my phone and leaving it on the bathroom counter, which makes for a terrible listening experience. So I was pretty excited to find out about Kohler’s Moxie Showerhead, which features an integrated Bluetooth speaker capsule.
Kohler Moxie Design
The Kohler Moxie single-function showerhead with wireless speaker looks sleek with its chrome and white design. The shower part is made of a rubberized material that makes it very easy to clean.
I got curious and took out the speaker as soon as I turned the water off and the section that holds the speaker as well as the inside of the speaker were completely dry. So you don’t have to worry about water getting under there.
- Showerhead with wireless speaker streams your personalized music playlists, news and other audio in the shower.
- Syncs with Bluetooth*®-enabled devices including smart phones, MP3 players, tablets and laptops located up to 32 feet away.
- Total harmonic distortion: 1.5 watts at 1kHz with < 1% distortion.
- Water-resistant wireless speaker pops in and out of showerhead for easy recharging.
- Wireless speaker can be used outside the shower space, independent of the showerhead, to stream music in any room.
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ION battery provides approx. 7 hours of run time. *(Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- 60 angled nozzles deliver a full-coverage, enveloping spray.
- Soft silicone sprayface is easy to clean.
- 2.0 or 2.5 gpm (gallons per minute) flow rate.
- Includes showerhead, wireless speaker and micro USB charging cable.
- KOHLER finishes resist corrosion and tarnishing.
Installation took just a few minutes. Although I will admit, I did ask my dad to do it. It would have taken me longer to install just because I’ve never installed a showerhead before. Okay, I don’t even change my own light bulbs when they go out. But the instructions are simple.
Moxie Ease of Use
I really like this showerhead. The water flow was perfect, and having my music in the actual shower with me was amazing! It was really simple to pair the speaker with my phone. And I can start or stop playing my music on it with the touch of a simple button. The speaker is also easy to pop in and out for charging or to listen to music in another room.
While the speaker is good and works for what I need it to do, it may not be for you if your intentions are to listen to really loud music in the shower.
Overall, I really enjoy showering with the Moxie® single-function showerhead with wireless speaker. It’s definitely one of the more unique electronics that I own. If you love music you’ll really enjoy it. It also makes a great gift for the music lover in your life.