Fitbit is looking to give their customers options in both wearables and how to style them. Back at CES 2016 they announced the Fitbit Blaze, and today they announced the Fitbit Alta. While the Blaze is more smartwatch like, the Fitbit Alta is a wristband. The Alta looks like a more refined Fitbit Flex. You can accessorize it the same way also. There are accessory bands to help you make the Alta look more fashionable and less like a wearable. You cIt of course has the Fitbit features you love, which include automatic sleep tracking, and silent alarms. It will also include call, and text alerts.
Fitbit Alta Features
- Reminders to Move – reminders to move helps you stay active and reduce stationary time. Using short, positive prompts, Fitbit Alta will encourage you to meet a mini-step goal of 250 steps each hour (approximately 2-3 minutes of walking), and will congratulate you when you achieve the goal. These prompts can be personalized to your schedule and can easily be put on “Do Not Disturb” during long meetings or appointments, ensuring that you only get reminders when wanted.
- SmartTrack™ automatic exercise recognition provides a smarter, easier way to track workouts and see how exercise fits into your daily activity, giving you credit toward your weekly goals. It automatically recognizes and records continuous movement activities including walking, running, outdoor biking, elliptical, as well as general categories of aerobic workouts (such as dance classes
and cardio-kickboxing) and sports (including basketball, soccer and tennis).
- Smart notifications such as call, text and calendar notifications right on your wrist when your phone is nearby through on-screen messages and a gentle vibrating alert
- An easy-to-read, vibrant OLED tap display shows your activity stats and the time
- Compatibility with more than 200 Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices and computers
You can pre-order the Fitbit Alta today for $129.95 HERE