Dolby Atmos, which you may know largely for film and music sound production, is now available on Audible. Dolby Atmos can be described as 3D sound allowing the listener to have a more “realistic” experience. Such as the sound of feeling a helicopter flying overhead but then fading away as the helicopter continues flying further. The new collection of audiobooks called Dolby Atmos on Audible is a collection of actors, writers, directors, and sound engineers across the board to make the audiobooks more of a full-on production than just a book on a tape kind of sound in spatial audio.
The launch collection includes more than 40 of the service’s most popular Audible Originals, available for the first time in spatial audio with Dolby Atmos, as well as new titles like The Little Mermaid, narrated by Leigh-Anne Pinnock, and the Audible Theater production Marrow. The Dolby Atmos titles are available to all Audible members globally to stream and download through the Audible app on compatible iOS and Android Dolby Atmos-enabled mobile devices.
You can search for available Audible x Dolby Atmos audiobooks by typing “Dolby Atmos” in the search bar on the Audible website. Here are some of the available listings.
Audible listeners can enjoy other highly acclaimed Audible Originals in Dolby Atmos, such as:
- Letters From Camp: Jamie Lee Curtis’s hit series is a heartfelt comedy told through letters written from camp. The tween-aged Mookie tries to uncover the legend of the Lady of the Lake and make friends with literally anyone, all while learning what it means to be a Camp Cartwright camper.
- Maejor Frequency: Winner of AdWeek’s 2022 Podcast of the Year and 2022 Ambie Nominated Podcast for Best Production and Sound Design, Maejor Frequency is a groundbreaking sound experience by renowned music producer and performer, Maejor.
- Marrow: From our Audible Emerging Playwright Commissions, Aditi Kapil’s original drama tells the story of an ambitious young audio producer who gets more than she bargains for when a routine masterclass interview with a legendary novelist reveals a shocking confession.
- Oliver Twist: Oliver Twist is an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic, executive produced by Academy-Award-winning director Sam Mendes, with an original score by The Feeling’s Dan Gillespie Sells (Everyone’s Taking About Jamie), and features an all-star cast including Brian Cox (Succession) as Fagin, among others.
- The Prophecy: Featuring a star-studded cast including Emmy Award-winner Kerry Washington and Daniel Dae Kim (Lost), The Prophecy is a supernatural thriller written by Randy McKinnon from Washington’s Simpson Street Productions, along with premium content studio and podcast network QCODE.
- The Sandman Act III: The third installment of the New York Times best-selling audio saga. Award-winning audio trailblazer Dirk Maggs adapts and directs the blockbuster DC graphic novel series written by Neil Gaiman (Good Omens).