You guys know that we’re music aficionados here at Tech We Like. We’re trying our best to review the latest and greatest in headphones and speakers. How important is music to you? Check out this infographic from Sol Republic that shows how important and influential music is to our daily activities.
Here are some interesting things we learned:
- 2 out of 3 people would cut their workout short or even completely without their music/headphones.
- 62% of Americans say a day without music is worse than a day without human interaction. In fact, 73% of Millennials have worn their headphones to avoid interaction with other people.
- In an interesting twist on what songs make us want to move, respondents of all ages said they would most want to listen to the classic Eye of Tiger by Survivor, distantly followed by:
- · Roar by Katy Perry
- · Chariots of Fire Theme
- · Stronger by Kanye West
- · Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- · We are the Champions by Queen
How important is music to you?
Can you go for a long period of time without wearing headphones?
Do you use different types of headphones for different activities?
The 2014 SOL REPUBLIC Music Snapshot was conducted online within the United States by Critical Mix and was sponsored by SOL REPUBLIC from February 6-11, 2014 among 1,001 adult (18+) headphone/earbud owners.
SOL REPUBLIC conducted the 2014 SOL REPUBLIC Music Snapshot in conjunction with the nationwide availability of their newest headphone, Relays. SOL REPUBLIC designed Relays to be the first cross-over headphone that keeps up with you and your active life. Like the cross-trainer shoe, Relays keep up with you whether you’re hanging out or working out.