Phorus has been around for a few years now. They started with the PS1 Wireless speaker and are now announcing the availability of the PS5 speaker. These speakers use WiFi to stream music allowing you to stream from any room as long as you have the app (if you’re using Airplay or Bluetooth you don’t even need the app). Even when you’re on the PC you can stream from any web service.
You can use the DTS Play-Fi technology to take more control of the sound, such as setting up left and right sides (with multiple speaker) to get true stereo sound.
The Phorus PS5 Speaker ($229) and newly announced PR5 Receiver ($179) are compatible with the full line-up of other DTS Play-Fi enabled products offered by leading audio brands and are available at major retailers everywhere. BUY HERE
Phorus, a subsidiary of DTS, Inc., has announced that its next-generation Phorus PS5 Speaker with DTS Play-Fi technology is now available online at Phorus, Amazon, and Crutchfield for $229. The PS5 Speaker features a new, elegant design and renowned DTS sound, in addition to best-in-class wireless capabilities for seamlessly streaming music from every mobile device and PC in your home. In addition to the breakthrough DTS Play-Fi whole-home connectivity features, the PS5 Speaker is the only speaker in its class that includes both Dual Band Wi-Fi streaming and premium Bluetooth options in one affordable, great-sounding, wireless audio speaker.
Innovative features of the Phorus PS5 Speaker include:
- Wireless Audio for Every Device – DTS Play-Fi, premium Bluetooth® with AptX and AAC, and support for AirPlay® streams are all integrated into the PS5 Speaker. Stream pure, lossless audio over your home Wi-Fi network from iOS®, AndroidTM, Kindle FireTM, and Windows PCs with the Phorus Play-Fi Apps, or from OSX®, iTunes® and iOS using AirPlay. Other devices can connect using Bluetooth, with upgraded AptX and AAC audio quality.
- New Play-Fi Whole-Home Features – In addition to Play-Fi’s simple setup, and perfect multi-room synchronization, the PS5 Speaker offers advanced options like multi-zone streaming, where you can send different songs to different rooms at a touch, and left/right stereo pairing, for enjoying PS5 Speakers in a stereo configuration.
- Best-in-Class Wi-Fi – Wi-Fi streaming is handled by the latest 802.11a/b/g/n radio, which supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. This avoids interference in high-traffic networks, providing listeners with pristine, uninterrupted audio enjoyment.
- Premium DTS Sound – Renowned DTS post-processing restores music’s rich details enhance bass and gets maximum volume. In addition, an advanced dual-core DSP and Class-D digital amplifiers dynamically deliver incredible sound quality at every level.
- High-Resolution Audio Support – The Phorus Play-Fi App now supports streaming files with resolutions of up to 24bit/192 kHz, either directly from your mobile device or from a connected DLNA server.
- Ever-Expanding Music Choices – Built-in global music options with the Phorus Play-Fi app include Pandora, Songza, SiriusXM, Deezer, KKBox and QQMusic, as well as thousands of AM/FM/Internet radio stations and podcasts from the BBC, NPR, Radio Disney and ESPN. Listeners can also stream music to every speaker in their home from any application on a Windows PC via the DTS Play-Fi HD Driver, such as Google MusicTM, Spotify®, and Xbox® Music Live. In addition, any application or service with Bluetooth or AirPlay can stream directly to a single PS5 Speaker.