Polk Audio has announced their smart speaker, the Polk Assist with Google Assistant. The Polk Assist speaker will have the basic functions of a Google Assistant enabled smart speaker. While the speaker can be activated via voice control, it has 4 buttons on the top corners of the speakers for control and activation of the Google Assistant. The Polk Assist has Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in so you can do things from planning your day, and adding items to your shoping list, to casting music and videos right from your phone to your speaker. Polk claims you’ll have great sound as they have designed the tweeter, woofer and amplifier to deliver room-filling sound
From Polk Audio:
High-Level Polk Assist Product Features:
- Heritage Sound—For the love of music™ Polk designed the tweeter, woofer and amplifier to deliver amazing room-filling sound from users’ favorite music app.
- Hands-Free Control—Powered by the Google Assistant and Chromecast, users can easily stream music, find answers on Google Search, plan their day, set timers, make calls, and control smart home devices.
- Chromecast Built-In—Users can cast from compatible audio apps, including Pandora, TuneIn, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, iHeartRadio, NPR and Spotify.
- Multi-Room Playback—Group multiple Chromecast enabled speakers and sound bars for a whole-home wireless music experience.
- Easy Setup with Google Home app—Simply plug-in power and download the free Google Home app for iOS or Android devices.
- Always Getting Smarter—The Assist will automatically update itself with the latest Google Assistant features.
Pricing and Availability
The speaker will be available in June 2018 in two colors; Midnight Black and Cool Grey.