Not sure if you heard yet but Amazon introduced Amazon Fire TV. Amazon Fire TV is a set top box that you connect to your HDTV to stream and access streaming media (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Prime Instant Video, Hulu Plus, WatchESPN, SHOWTIME, Pandora, YouTube). Fire TV is similar to Roku, and Apple TV.
Amazon Fire TV runs Amazon’s Android build. As for specs it has 2GB RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor. You can expect fast and smooth UI interaction. Qualcomm also provides the Wi-Fi connectivity in the Fire TV for fast and reliable speeds to support even the most demanding content.
As for the remote it has a built-in mic (that is connected via Bluetooth) so you can speak your searches. As for viewing quality it streams in 1080P and Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound.
Notable features are ASAP (Advanced Streaming and Prediction) which predicts episodes you want to watch, FreeTime which allow parents to set profiles with parental controls and X-Ray, which gives you information on movies you’re watching and artists you’re listening to.
It’s not only for streaming media. You can game on Fire TV as well. This is where Amazon Fire TV differs from other media streamers. With the Amazon Fire Game Controller you can choose a list of free and paid titles. Check out the full list of games you can play HERE
Amazon Fire TV Features:
– Voice search that actually works—simply speak the name of a movie, TV show, actor, director, or genre into the remote, and you’re done. No more hunting and pecking in an alphabet grid.
– All the content—instant access to Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Hulu Plus, WatchESPN, YouTube, and more, plus the largest selection of videos for rent and purchase—over 200,000 movies and TV episodes from Amazon Instant Video. Plus, listen to music with Amazon MP3, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more.
– Powerful performance in a tiny form factor—quad-core processor with over 3x the processing power of Apple TV, Chromecast, or Roku 3, a dedicated GPU, plus 4x the memory of Apple TV, Chromecast, or Roku 3 for exceptional speed and fluidity. Delivers stunning 1080p HD video and immersive Dolby Digital Plus surround sound. All of this comes in an incredibly small package—Fire TV is 0.7” thin and comes with a simple and sleek remote control with a built-in microphone.
– Simple and easy to use—arrives pre-registered so you can start watching immediately out of the box.
– An exclusive new feature called ASAP (Advanced Streaming and Prediction) predicts which movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and buffers them for playback before you even hit play—instant start.
– High-quality, low-cost gaming—games like Minecraft, Monsters University, The Game of Life, The Walking Dead, NBA2K14, Asphalt 8, Riptide GP2, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, and more. The average price of paid games on Fire TV is $1.85. Play using your Fire TV remote, the Fire TV app for smartphones and tablets, or the optional Fire game controller.
– Amazon FreeTime revolutionizes parental controls—parents can choose what their kids see and set time limits for types of content and times of day—no more negotiating for one more show before bedtime. Customers who subscribe to FreeTime Unlimited—Amazon’s all-you-can-eat content subscription designed for kids ages 3 to 8—will get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV shows.
– X-Ray for movies, TV shows, and music—see information about cast and crew, trivia, goofs, and synchronized lyrics.
– See all of your photos and personal videos come alive on your big-screen TV—seamless integration with Amazon’s Cloud Drive.
Whats In the Box:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire TV remote
- 2 AAA batteries
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide